Thursday, October 14, 2010

Job

Remember last week's discussion 'Why does God sometimes put us through hardship?' 'Does God ever punish us for our wrongdoings?'

After I went back home I started to read chapters on Jobs again. I want to share few verses that struck me:

Job 2: 10
He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said. '


Job 5:17 
Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.

I am once again speechless at the greatness of Job's faithfulness. Yes, we do at times complain. Complain because it's so painful, so seemingly unfair, so difficult..it's beyond our comprehension and most of all why me? If God does not answer you, it's probably  because you are asking the wrong question. The right question should be: how can I serve God through the difficulties? What purpose does God have for me? How can I glorify Him?



Remain faithful & love God. That's what we are created for.

Love love love,

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment